Lots of people show up in dirndls and lederhosen, some of which are authentic, and many of which are costume quality, lending Oktoberfest the spirit of a Halloween party. But entrepreneurial Müncheners just roll with it: They've put up a bunch of haunted houses along the midway. Hannah and Tobias went into one of them. Eight euros and three minutes later they informed me that Germans just have no idea how to do a haunted house.
Most of the eating and drinking takes place inside the cavernous beer halls. But food stalls along the midway tame voracious appetites, too.
Oh, look. There's one of those beer halls I mentioned.
Utterly sissified by Germany's lack of a Second Amendment, Bavarian husbands heed the call of their inner guy at the BB shooting galleries along the midway.
The Oktoberfest Committee for the Prevention of Virtue and the Protection of Vice.
Michelle's take on the whole thing? "Oktoberfest is like a big frat party," she says. She expressed her disapproval just a little too strenuously and maybe one too many times the other night, and Hannah announced ever so nonchalantly, "In a few years I'm coming back to Munich so I can got to Oktoberfest on the weekend, at night." In a low-cut dirndl, I suspect.
I am on a roller coaster hurtling towards Maybe-I-don't-want-to-know.




Adam appreciated the beer halls photo.
ReplyDelete